GiMiTEC Customer Privacy Statement
GiMiTEC Customer Privacy Statement
This Privacy Statement was last revised on May 22, 2018.
Customers are GiMiTEC’s most valuable asset. We recognize that building a long-term business relationship with you depends a great deal on trust. This trust begins with our commitment to respecting and protecting your privacy. This Privacy Statement provides a clear and prominent explanation of how we collect, use, share and protect your personal data.
This Privacy Statement covers the following subjects:
- Types of Personal Data We Collect
- How We Collect Personal Data
- How We Use the Personal Data We Collect
- How We Share Your Personal Data
- How We Store, Process and Protect Your Personal Data
- Your Choices About Your Personal Data
- Additional Information
- Changes to Our Privacy Statement
- How to Contact Us
These areas are described in detail below. This Privacy Statement does not apply to the practices of third parties that we do not own or control, including but not limited to any third-party websites, services and applications that you elect to access through our websites.
Comments or questions about our privacy practices can be sent to GiMiTEC’s Privacy(link sends e-mail).
GiMiTEC, LLC. and its subsidiaries (also referred to in this document as “GiMiTEC ”, “gmLab” , “we”, “our” and “us”) are committed to protecting and maintaining your privacy. GiMiTEC is established in the US, with our registered office at 124 Broadkill Road Ste.579, Milton DE 19968, US and for the purpose of the General Data Protection Regulation (the “GDPR”), we are the data controller for all information processed in relation to the Website. The subsidiary you contract with will be the data controller of information provided for the purposes of marketing and providing the any GiMiTEC services. This privacy statement (“Privacy Statement”) is designed to make you aware of our privacy practices, of the types of information that we collect from you and how that information will be used both when you use our website and client portal at gimitec.com( the “Website”) or interact with us offline in relation to providing or receiving goods and/or services. To make this notice easy to access, a link to it is available on the bottom of every GiMiTEC web page.
If you wish to contact GiMiTEC regarding your personal information or this Privacy Statement, please contact our Data Protection Officer at dpo[at]gimitec.com(link sends e-mail).
This Privacy Statement covers the collection, treatment and use of any personal information gathered by GiMiTEC from customers, suppliers, vendors and other entities that GiMiTEC does business with.
This Privacy Statement does not apply to the practices of third parties that we do not own or control, including but not limited to any third-party websites, services and applications that you elect to access through our Website.
If you do not agree with this Privacy Statement in general or any part of it, you should not access the Website. Please take a moment to review our policies and practices described below.
Throughout this Privacy Statement, “personal information” refers to any information that identifies you (either alone or together with other information), such as your name, address, e-mail address, phone number, etc.
1. WHAT INFORMATION WE COLLECT
1.1 Customers and Vendors
During the course of your relationship with us, we collect personal information such as your name, postal address, telephone number, fax number, e-mail address, contact and billing information, transaction history (including order, lead, demo and service/repair history) and credit card or other financial information (which shall be encrypted).
Through your in-person communications and/or online interactions with GiMiTEC, we will ask you to provide information regarding your personal or professional interests, demographics, experience with our products and contact preferences. We will combine the information you provide to us through different communications and contact channels, such as combining data collected online with information provided offline. In addition, personal information will be required to determine access eligibility for certain restricted parts of our Website.
Further categories of information we collect are set out in Section 2 (How we use your personal information) below.
1.2 All visitors to GiMiTEC websites
While you are visiting our Website, we may collect some technical data related to your browsing session such as IP address, browser type and language, number of visits to our Website and the hyperlinks you visited.
We use such technical data in aggregate form, save as indicated in the paragraph below, without identifying you personally for GiMiTEC’s own reporting, statistics and website enhancements, as well as for information security purposes
Login or other tracking information that may identify you through website navigation will be stored for short time periods for technical security, website improvements, customer relationship purposes and so far as you continue interacting with GiMiTEC.
2. HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
GiMiTEC will use the personal information that we collect from you for the general purposes set out below. As it is in our legitimate interests to be responsive to you, to ensure the proper functioning of our products and organisation and to provide you with a better service, we will use your personal information as follows.
- We will use your contact and sign-in information such as your name, postal address, telephone number, fax number and e-mail address for the following purposes:
- To communicate with you if you submit a query or request a quote.
- To determine access eligibility for certain restricted parts of our Website.
- To sign you up if you subscribe to receive our newsletter or content or if you sign up for our webinars.
- We will also use your contact details and sign in information when you interact with our services divisions (such as GiMiTEC Platform, Gene Platform, LGC.MS Platform):
- To provide the services to you, including providing quotes, proposals, demonstrations and generating contracts.
- To provide customer services to you, including set-up and installation of products, processing and investigating complaints, providing professional services training and certification.
- To conduct research and development, provide quality assurance and product validation.
- To process our regulatory filings in association with medical devices.
- To comply with our regulatory requirements for compliance purposes.
- To perform services and support on our products.
- To improve our services and products.
- To facilitate our annual conferences.
- To provide a mail list, to facilitate a forum to discuss our products.
- To provide marketing communications to you with your consent, improve our brand management and conduct market research.
For further detail on our data processing in relation to our services divisions, including information about the legal bases we rely on, please see here.
- We will use your usage information, such as your IP address, browser type, number of visits to our Website and the hyperlinks for the following purposes:
- To respond to technical or service problems;
- To personalise our Website and communications;
- To ensure content from our Website is presented in the most effective manner for you and your device;
- To monitor and analyse trends, usage and activity in connection with our Website and to improve our Website;
- To administer the Website and for internal operations, in order to conduct troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey analysis;
- To keep the Website safe and secure; and
- To measure and understand the effectiveness of the content that we serve to you and others.
- As part of the legal and regulatory obligations that we are subject to, we may also use your contact, usage and payment information to comply with such obligations and to comply with governmental and regulatory decisions.
- We will use your personal information to better understand your needs and to provide you with a better service, including by responding to your correspondence, and providing updates on services and benefits.
- Whenever we collect credit card numbers or other financial data, the data is only used for payment processing and the data is not retained for any other purpose.
From time to time in accordance with applicable law, we may also use your information to contact you for market research or to provide you with marketing information we think would be of particular interest. To unsubscribe from promotional emails, please click here or see Section 3 (Marketing Communications) below for more information.
The Website may contain areas where users can transmit or post communications, for example on blogs, chat rooms, bulletin boards or user forums. You should be aware that any personal information you submit there can be read, collected, or used by other users, and could be used to send you unsolicited messages. We are not responsible for the personal information you choose to submit in such public areas.
To find out further detail as to how we process personal data as part of our business lines, please click here.
We note that in several of our divisions, we process personal data as a data processor when providing the services. We process such data on our client instructions and in accordance with the terms of our services agreements and customer contracts.
3. MARKETING COMMUNICATIONS
To the extent permitted by applicable laws (including only with your consent where required by applicable laws), we will send you periodic marketing messages from GiMiTEC, including newsletters, promotions and special offers. We will use your name, postal address, telephone number, fax number, social media profile and email address to send these messages to you. You are able to opt out of receiving such messages without any negative effect to your relationship with GiMiTEC by following the unsubscribe instructions included in each marketing email. However, please note that opting out will prevent you from receiving email messages regarding updates, improvements, or special offers. If you opt out of such marketing messages, we will continue to send you non-marketing emails, e.g. emails about our business dealings with you. We also reserve the right to contact you when we believe it necessary, including where required by law.
We will also provide you the opportunity to let us know if you wish to opt out at any time of other contacts from GiMiTEC and without any negative effect to your relationship with GiMiTEC, and we will do everything we can to honor such requests. This choice will be offered at the bottom of our online or offline communications to you as well as on our web registration pages.
If you have any difficulty opting out, please use this unsubscribe form.
4. WHERE WE STORE AND WHO WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION WITH
The personal information that we collect from you in relation to the provision of our Website will be transferred to, and processed in the USA by GiMiTEC, Inc. so that we can perform our contractual obligations with you.
The personal information that we collect from you in relation to the selling of our products and services will be subject to the terms of the local GiMiTEC subsidiary you contract with. Where the GDPR applies, such personal information will be transferred to, and processed in the USA by GiMiTEC, Inc. under the European Commission’s model contracts for the transfer of personal data to third countries (i.e., the standard contractual clauses) (the “Model Clauses”), pursuant to Decision 2004/915/EC and 2010/87/EU. Please contact privacy[at]gimitec.com, if you would like to see a copy of the Model Clauses.
In addition to the above, GiMiTEC’s global organizational structure also requires the global transfer of personal information within the GiMiTEC group of companies. As a consequence, as it is in our legitimate interests for the efficient operation of a global company, and as permitted by applicable law, the personal information that you provide to us will be transferred across state or country borders, including to countries outside the country in which you reside (including to countries outside the EEA), to consolidate data storage, simplify information management or synchronize customer relationship activities globally. It will also be processed by staff operating outside the country in which you reside (including countries outside of the EEA) who work for us or one of our resellers, distributors, service providers or suppliers as noted below.
We share your information with selected recipients. These categories of recipients include:
- Cloud storage providers to store the personal information you provide and for disaster recovery services;
- Service providers that provide us with customer relationship management services;
- Services providers that provide us with survey services;
- Service providers that provide us with market research services;
- Agents and suppliers that provide us with technology services;
- Authorized service providers for field service engineering;
- Distributors of our products and services;
- Sales management services providers that provide us with SaaS services;
- Services providers including that provide us with invoicing services; and
- Our professional advisors, auditors and business partners;
- Support providers to provide customer support services.
Where the GDPR applies and the recipient of your personal information is located outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”), such transfer will either be: (i) to a recipient certified to the US Department of Commerce's EU-US Privacy Shield; or (ii) subject to the Model Clauses. For more information about the EU-US Privacy Shield Framework, visit the U.S. Department of Commerce's Privacy Shield website(link is external). If you would like to see a copy of the Model Clauses, please contact privacy[at]gimitec.com(link sends e-mail).
GiMiTEC does not sell, rent, or lease your personal information to others except as described in this Privacy Statement.
We will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your data is treated securely and in accordance with this Privacy Statement.
5. HOW LONG WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION FOR
We will retain your personal information in accordance with the retention periods set out in the tables above in Section 1 (What information we collect), here.
6. YOUR RIGHTS
Where GDPR applies you have the following rights.
Access and Portability: You have the right to ask us to access the personal data we hold about you and be provided with certain information about how we use your personal data and who we share it with.
Where you have provided your personal data to us with your consent, you have the right to ask us for a copy of this data in a structured, machine readable format and to ask us to share (port) this data to another data controller.
Correction: You also have the right to ask us to correct your personal data where it is inaccurate or incomplete.
Right to deletion: In certain circumstances, you have the right to ask us to delete the personal data we hold about you. Find out further information about your right to delete here.
- where you believe that it is no longer necessary for us to hold your personal data;
- where we are processing your personal data on the basis of legitimate interests and you object to such processing and we cannot demonstrate an overriding legitimate ground for the processing;
- where you have provided your personal data to us with your consent and you wish to withdraw your consent and there is no other ground under which we can process your personal data; or
- where you believe the personal data we hold about you is being unlawfully processed by us.
Restriction: In certain circumstances, you have the right to ask us to restrict (stop any active) processing of your personal data. Find out further information about your ability to restrict data processing here.
- where you believe the personal data we hold about you is inaccurate and while we verify accuracy;
- where we want to erase your personal data as the processing is unlawful but you want us to continue to store it;
- where we no longer need your personal data for the purposes of our processing but you require us to retain the data for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims; or
- where you have objected to us processing your personal data based on our legitimate interests and we are considering your objection.
In addition, you can object to our processing of your personal data based on our legitimate interests and we will no longer process your personal data unless we can demonstrate an overriding legitimate ground.
To exercise any of these rights above, please click here(link is external). In addition, you have the right to complain to any applicable data protection supervisory authority.
Please note that these rights are limited, for example, where fulfilling your request would adversely affect other individuals or company trade secrets or intellectual property, where there are overriding public interest reasons or where we are required by law to retain your personal data.
You can withdraw your consent at any time by clicking here.
At any time, you have the right to object to our processing of data about you in order to send you marketing, including where we build profiles for such purposes, and we will stop processing the data for that purpose.
In the event that you wish to make a complaint about how we process your personal information, please contact us in the first instance at privacy[at]gimitec.com and we will endeavour to deal with your request as soon as possible. This is without prejudice to your right to raise a complaint with a relevant supervisory authority in the country in which you live or work, where you think we have infringed data protection laws.
7. HOW WE KEEP YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION SECURE
GiMiTEC is committed to ensuring the security of your personal information. To prevent unauthorized access or disclosure, maintain data accuracy, and ensure the appropriate use of personal information, we have put in place appropriate physical, electronic and organizational measures to safeguard and secure it. We will store personal information in locations outside our direct control (e.g. on servers or databases co-located with hosting providers) and ensure that we have appropriate technical and organisational measures in place with such providers.
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share this password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information over the internet is not completely secure. We cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our Website; any transmission is at your own risk.
If you have any questions about security on our Website, you can contact us at privacy[at]gimitec.com(link sends e-mail).
While you are visiting our Website, we collect technical data related to your browsing session such as IP address, browser type and language, number of visits to our Website and the hyperlinks you visited.
We use such technical data in aggregate form without identifying you personally for GiMiTEC’s own reporting, statistics and website enhancements, as well as for information security purposes.
For further details about the data we collect through cookies, their purpose and your choices in relation to cookies, please see here.
Types of Data Collected Through Cookies and Purposes of Cookies’ Use
GiMiTEC uses technologies, such as web-tracking tools designed for website session analysis and profiling of the users of our Website. Such technologies enable us to optimize our Website content and tailor it and other communications to you.
A cookie is text file containing small amounts of information stored on your computer’s hard drive when you visit a webpage. You can find more information about cookies and how to manage them at http://www.allaboutcookies.org/(link is external).
The main purpose of a cookie is to allow a web server to identify a user and serve up customized web pages and/or login information to the user's web browser when revisiting a web page. These cookies help you avoid entering identification details each time you visit our Website or repeatedly type the same information you are looking for on our Website (search terms, key words, names of products, etc.).
Cookies also help us to promptly display the information you need and other information which we consider are of interest to you.
We will use session cookies (which are deleted after each session) and stored cookies (which remain on your hardware after your session has ended). Cookies will be set by a third party operating on our behalf (e.g. to help us analyze web traffic or to improve your web navigation experience).
Cookie. Clear Gif. Tag and Script Usage and Your Choices About Tracking Technologies
We use the following types of cookies on our Website to help us analyze web traffic, to improve your web experience and to better target our marketing of products and services:
- Strictly necessary cookies, which are essential in order to enable you to move around the website and use its features.
- Performance cookies, which collect information about how you use the website, for instance which pages you visit most often.
- Functionality cookies, which allow the website to remember choices you make (e.g. remembering your user name, language or the region you are in) and provide enhanced, more personal features.
- Advertising cookies, which are used to deliver advertisements more relevant to you and your interests. They are also used to limit the number of times you see an advertisement as well as help measure the effectiveness of the advertising campaign.
To facilitate the analysis of web traffic, an ID is assigned to help us uniquely identify you each time you return to our Website.
By gathering and remembering information about your website preferences through cookies we can provide a better web and marketing experience. Specifically, cookies enable us to:
- Tailor our Website’s operation to your needs, likes and dislikes.
- Provide an automated log-in process as a convenience for previously registered customers, ensuring that you will be identified accurately and linked with your registration data.
- Ensure you are not surveyed multiple times during your visit(s) to an GiMiTEC website.
- Provide a better web experience by letting us monitor what is working and what is not.
Microsoft Internet Explorer: http://www.microsoft.com/info/cookies.htm(link is external)
Firefox: https://support.mozilla.org/t5/Protect-your-privacy/Enable-and-disable-cookies-that-websites-use-to-track-your/ta-p/2784(link is external)
Chrome: http://www.google.com/support/chrome/?hl=en(link is external)
Safari: http://www.apple.com/support/safari/(link is external)
Opera: http://www.opera.com/browser/tutorials/security/(link is external)
If you choose to decline cookies, parts of the Website will be unavailable to you.
As is true of most web sites, we gather certain information automatically and store it in log files. This information will include internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, and/or clickstream data. We use this information to improve services we offer you, analytics and site functionality. We do not use this data for any other purpose.
Clear Gifs (Web Beacons/Web Bugs), Tags, and Scripts
Technologies such as: cookies (as detailed above), clear gifs, tags and scripts are used by us and our analytics companies Google Analytics and Eloqua. These technologies are used in analyzing trends, administering the site, tracking users’ movements around the site and to gather demographic information about our user base as a whole. We will receive reports based on the use of these technologies by these companies on an individual as well as aggregated basis. We also will use Clear Gifs in our HTML-based emails to let us know which emails have been opened by recipients. This allows us to gauge the effectiveness of certain communications and the effectiveness of our marketing campaigns. For this reason, Clear Gifs will be tied to your personal information.
We use Google Analytics and Eloqua, which are web analytics tools, to help us understand how users engage with our Website. Like many services, Google Analytics and Eloqua track your movement through our site (i.e. the pages you have seen and the links you have clicked on) and help us measure how you interact with the content that we provide. This information is used to compile reports and to help us improve our Website. The reports disclose website trends without identifying individual visitors. You can opt out of accepting cookies but this affect your personalised experience of GiMiTEC.com.
For further details about the data we collect through cookies, their purpose and your choices in relation to cookies, please see [here].
The most polular three-dimensional twisty puzzle is the Rubik's Cube. Learn the easiest cube solution here(link is external).
9. ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
Links to Third-Party Websites
Links to third-party websites are provided solely as a convenience to you. If you use these links, you will leave the GiMiTEC website. GiMiTEC has not reviewed, does not control and is not responsible for these websites, their content or their privacy statement. Thus, we do not endorse or make any representations about them, any information, software or other products or materials found there, or any results of using them. If you decide to access any of the third-party sites linked to GiMiTEC’s website, you do so entirely at your own risk.
For candidates applying for jobs in Europe, please refer to our Candidate Privacy Notice which provides information about how GiMiTEC uses your personal information.
Email a Page
If you choose to use our Email a Page service, your name, comments and the email addresses you provide will not be used for any other purpose than to complete this page-forwarding transaction.
Changes to the Privacy Statement
This Privacy Statement is effective as of the date stated at the start of this Privacy Statement. We reserve the right to modify this Privacy Statement at any time by posting the revised policy on our Website and updating the date the statement was last revised at the start of this Privacy Statement, so please review it frequently. If we make material changes to this Privacy Statement, we will notify you by email or by means of a prominent notice on our home page. Unless we ask for your explicit agreement to certain terms of our policy, we consider that your continuous use of our Website means that you accept the terms of this Privacy Statement.
Please send/contact us with questions or comments about our privacy practices at:
Data Protection Officer at dpo[at]gimitec.com(link sends e-mail)
124 Broadkill Road Ste.579, Milton DE 19968.
Phone: (302) 314-1465